To vote, you must be at least 11 years old and live within Council District 5.

In order to vote, you'll need documents proving your name, current address and age.

These may include:

  • A document with name and current address from a local, state, or US government agency such as IDNYC, a state driver’s license or non-driver ID, consular ID, passport, EBT card, military ID card
  • Voter registration card
  • Utility, medical, credit card bill with name and current address
  • Current lease
  • Paycheck or paycheck stub from an employer or a W-2 statement
  • Bank statement or bank-issued credit card statement
  • Student ID
  • Employee ID
  • Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) or other Immigration Documentation
  • Residency Letter or Identification issued by a homeless shelter, halfway house, etc
  • Passport or other ID issued by a foreign government
  • Social Security Card or Social Security benefit statements or check
  • Employment Authorization Document
  • Medicare or other insurance document with address
  • Tax forms
  • School records (or naming the parents of children attending school and the parents’ address
  • Title to any property (automobiles, house, etc.) with address
  • Birth or marriage certificate
  • Union Membership Card

Individuals who cannot present the above documents should contact their Council Member’s office to discuss how they can participate.