Happy Labor Day, welcome back to school and, for those who celebrate, Happy Jewish New Year.
New York City is the first city in the country to guarantee legal representation to tenants facing eviction with a new “Right to Counsel.” We also enacted laws I authored to protect tenant safety from landlords who fail to make repairs or never finish.
Commutes are getting better. We launched a ferry service on Roosevelt Island, after years of advocacy, travel is now available by air (by tram), land (by car, bus, and train) and now water (by ferry), all offering improved commutes. Ferry service will be coming to the Upper East Side next year. You may have noticed new bus countdown clocks throughout the neighborhood. I also proposed solutions for the MTA to improve subway service and hope you will join our fight to cuts to crosstown bus service.
P.S. Brain Storm with Ben is canceled in September so it does not conflict with the Primary Election.
September 19, 6PM
September 27, 6PM
DISTRICT OFFICE EVETS
September 1, 8AM-10AM
September 7, 14, 21, 28,
Septmber 12, 20, 27, 11AM - 2PM
September 4, 5, 11, 18, 20, 25,
September 28, 6:30PM
FIGHTING FOR TENANTS
INVESTING IN OUR ECONOMY
- Cornell Tech Roosevelt Island Community Day
- 7 Open Source Myths Debunked Gov Loop
- Bridging the Digital Divide Personal Democracy Forum 2017
- Legislation to Respond to Noise
- Chasing News on Scaffolding
- National Night Out Against Crime
- Protecting the East 91st Street Plaza
- Protecting and Strengthening the Affordable Care Act with Congress Member Maloney